Monday, June 7, 2010

TWELVE: A BIRTHDAY POST

i am turning older in a few nutes, and it has been a tradition of mine to cry during my birthday...

I mourn because I age... I mourn because I have aged and I have not learned anything substantial about life nor have I contributed anything towards the betterment of it.

I am still the same 12 year old girl who has high hopes for the future... Who wishes on stars and believes that her knight in Reynold's Wrap armor is going to sweep her off her feet. I still believe that there's Neverland and Happily-Ever-Afters are real...

I still believe that despite all the bad things that happened to me since I was 12 years old, things would turn around one of these days and I would finally be happy.

I am still 12 and my heart is still on my sleeve.

I am still 12 and I still see the world with childlike wonder.

I am still 12 and I still believe in the kindness of strangers and that good things happen to good people.

I am still 12 despite of the reality that I am a single mom and the bread winner of the family and that I am seeing this guy who wouldn't even realize that I do care about him.

As the clock turns midnight and I turn a year older, I'd weep for the passing of years.

But like a phoenix emerging from the ashes, I'd make sure that my soul drinks from the fountain of youth and I'd remain a 12 year old girl who looks forward to whatever life brings her way, with a smile on her face and a song in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment